New York is the second largest apple producing state in the U.S., averaging 29.5 million bushels annually that include 19 of the most popular varieties. Campuses can purchase local apples from farmers and distributors all year-round!
How to Crunch
- Pledge your college or university's participation here.
- Spread the word throughout your campus! Use and follow the #NYCampusCrunch tag.
- Create collaborations among campus stakeholders including: Dining Services, Res Life, Greek Life, Government Relations, Communications/Media and Facilities.
- Invite local farmers and governmental dignitaries to take part.
- Get your apples! Work with your dining services to procure NY grown apples.
- Crunch! Take a count of your participants/apples distributed and share photos of the day!